Friday, February 18, 2005

Off the bookshelf...

Well, I finally finished Hunter S. Thompson's latest book, Hey Rube. It's a collection of his columns from ESPN.com's Page 2. A worthy read, needless to say. Now it's time to pick up George Lakoff's Don't Think of An Elephant. Howard Dean will most likely want is to do stuff, after all. ;-) Not like I'm sitting on my ass, anyway. I'm helping Rob Brinkman's campaign any way I can. After all, Mr. Godfather's Pizza has to go!

Well, I'm going to have some time off in the coming days, with President's Day and all. Let's take this time to remind ourselves where we are with our current one and what we need to do to make change happen for the future. If Iraq's not reason enough, just pick any other issue - you'll easily find something.

Back to yard work and perhaps some Miami-Florida baseball on Sunday. I talked myself out of going to tonight's game, especially since it's on TV. There's still plenty of opportunity to wear my UM shirt out to the ballpark and point and laugh at Chip Howard. After all, there's yard work to be done! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

No comments: